- 1. How did the patronage of St. Peters Cathedral in Rome affect its design?
- 2. What is significant about the front doors in Gothic architecture?
- 3. What is the significance of geometry in the Chartres Cathedral?
- 4. Is stone the only material used in Gothic designs?
- 5. What is the difference between Roman, Romanesque and Gothic stone figures?
- 6. Of what importance was the sun light in Chartres Cathedral's design?
- 7. How has Greek and Islamic architecture affected the design of Gothic buildings?
- 8. How did glass affect the designs of Romanesque and Gothic Cathedrals?
- 9. What is Victorian Gothic?
- 10. How does the Tuscan Order compare with the Doric Order?
(similar questions carried by http://lookuparchitecture.com/AR173notes.htm)
- Draw a cinquefoil arch 五瓣形拱 using a compass, ruler and pencil only.
- Draw a Tudor arch 都鐸拱 using a compass, ruler and pencil only.
you can consult: http://lookuparchitecture.com/historygothic.htm